- Application Deadline, 23.59 pm UK time on:10 October 2023
- Programme:Information and Technology
- Type:Fixed Term Contract
- How many months is contract?:12 months
- No of weekly working hours:35
- Salary:GBP £65,106 per annum
Are you a project manager in information and technology that would love to apply your experience to delivery transformation in Research and Evidence Management to support Amnesty's fighting for human rights?
The I&T Project Manager is a key role to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects. You must do this within scope, to a defined quality, and within time and cost constraints. Interfacing directly with frontline staff across the various cultures within the dynamic and complex Amnesty environment (“The Movement”), you will provide a pivotal point of contact between human rights stakeholders, subject matter experts and the I&T department to deliver this digital transformation project.
This is a unique change management opportunity, a chance to establish platforms, practices, and innovation to lay the platform for human rights change and activism across the globe.
Please note this position is for a 12 month fixed-term contract
You will be an exceptional project manager with strong people and stakeholder management, technical and financial capabilities. You will manage project budgets, small teams and partners to deliver mission critical capability on-time and in-budget.
Interpersonal skills are crucial as are technical skills notably in tracking and progressing projects from ensuring the project scope is defined and agreed, the delivery of business requirements and processes change, solution design, configuration and build, testing, business readiness and deployment. Familiarity with enterprise solutions e.g., Microsoft 365 suit and also evolving digital technology solutions will be beneficial. Above all else, an ability to drive projects to completion will be key.
- Analyse project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline a work plan.
- Benchmark project management performance continuously to identify the potential for improvements and increase capability in project and portfolio management.
- Facilitate work on design options/potential systems/process solutions with I&T SMEs and business stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive IT experience with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving – technical and non-technical.
- Demonstrated competency in a formal project management role involving the execution of multiple large scale and complex projects.
- Track record of driving projects from requirements through to realisation across multiple teams.
- Formal qualification or familiarity with project management methodologies (for example, that of the Project Management Institute, PRINCE2 etc.)
- Familiarity working with DevOps/Agile project methodologies such as SCRUM.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experiences required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
- 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days)
- Hybrid working environment - The standard working week at Amnesty International is 35 hours
- Pension Contribution Scheme – with an employer contribution of 8% of your gross annual salary, in addition Amnesty International will match individual contributions of up to 3%. Making a total employer contribution of 11%
- Life Assurance
- Annual salary review
- Opportunity to join our cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel to work
- Contribution towards the cost of eye tests and glasses
- Access to Linkedin Learning
- Employee Assistance Programme
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by emailing email@example.com
Please note - Amnesty International do not provide interview or job related training prior to interview, and do not engage with any external suppliers to do so. If you receive communication from anyone claiming to work on Amnesty's behalf this is likely to be a scam and should be reported or ignored.