Deputy Director European Institutions Office (3507)
- Closing Date:7 October 2022
- Directorate:Deputy Secretary General
- Which IS office location will the role be based?:Brussels
- No of weekly working hours:38
- Salary:EUR 94,319
The Deputy Director of the European Institutions Office (EIO) is a new role designed to provide leadership support, oversee the strategic planning process and strengthen internal operations.
The role will support the strategic development and practical implementation of EIO's mission to advance human rights at EU and Council of Europe level. They will lead improvements on plans, processes, and policies to optimise Amnesty's effectiveness and impact, strengthening ways of working, resource allocation and growth.
The Deputy Director will serve on European Regional Office (ERO)'s management team, be accountable for management of direct reports, and deputize for the EIO Director including on head of office functions and external representation.
You are a strategic thinker with informed practical knowledge and insights on the workings of the European Institutions and proven track record in advancing human rights change. You understand internal operations and can improve them.
Strong leadership and people management skills are a must. This role will lead the creation, implementation and assessment of strategies for advocacy, keeping the team aligned on mission, while cultivating an environment conductive of innovation, creativity and collaboration in achieving goals.
- Lead process within EIO to develop overall strategy and individual advocacy strands to maximize impact, ensure good planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Manage staff and other resources to ensure their most effective use, aligned with agreed priorities and policies, leading team learning and skill development
- Oversee smooth internal operations including staffing, security, health and safety, workplace and facilities, working with EIO Director and operational staff to ensure productivity and efficiency
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the structure, functioning and policies of the EU and Council of Europe to ensure expert editing in line with AI positions and quality assurance framework
- Experience working in a leadership role, ideally in a large, complex international organization.
- Experience managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines, managing budgets and adjusting priorities
- Experience in oversight and improvement of internal operations and processes including staffing, budgeting, facilities and security
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
Amnesty International encourages candidates from all over the world to apply, subject to visa requirements, a relocation package can be offered.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.